Individual Alumnae Awards are presented to Delta Gamma’s most accomplished, innovative and dedicated alumnae. Alumnae Award winners add to our Fraternity’s rich history of women who make our membership shine. View all of the past winners.
The Individual Alumnae Awards process is highly selective. The Awards Committee welcomes nominations that reflect the diversity of Delta Gamma women and their many avenues of exceptional achievement and dedication.
Qualifications and Submission Instructions:
Each year Alumnae Awards are presented in six categories, listed below. Visit the DG library to read more about each of these awards.
- Cable Award – presented to alumnae who demonstrate unusual loyalty and devotion with Delta Gamma service far beyond normal alumnae participation for at least 10 years. Learn how to submit a Cable Award nomination.
- Loyalty Award – presented to alumnae who demonstrate extraordinary commitment to Delta Gamma service for at least 10 years after having received the Cable Award. Learn how to submit a Loyalty Award nomination.
- Oxford Award – presented to alumnae who exemplify the Delta Gamma philosophy of service to their community through volunteer and philanthropic activities. This award does not require Delta Gamma service.Learn how to submit an Oxford Award nomination.
- Shield Award – presented to alumnae who achieve unique and noteworthy distinctions through leadership and verifiable accomplishments in their chosen field of professional expertise. This award does not require a history of Delta Gamma volunteer roles. Learn how to submit a Shield Award nomination.
- Anchor Award – presented to alumnae who are a mainstay of the Fraternity, demonstrate a lifetime of devotion and provide reliable support from which all members benefit. Learn how to submit an Anchor Award nomination.
- Order of the Delta Gamma Rose Award – This is the highest award presented by the Fraternity and honors alumnae members who have made distinguished contributions to the nation and/or the world. This award nomination may be submitted at any time during the year in Anchorbase. Learn how to submit a Rose Award nomination.
A complete nomination includes detailed information about the background of the candidate, a clear description of the nature of her achievements and confidential letters of recommendation from colleagues and Delta Gammas on behalf of the candidate.
Nominations for the 2020 awards are open from September 1, 2019, to October 15, 2019. Alumnae officers and members of Leadership can complete the nomination forms in Anchorbase, in the Awards Tasks section. If you are not an officer, you can still get started today by identifying alumnae you wish to nominate and reaching out to sisters for letters of support.
The awards committee, comprised of alumnae with diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives, will review the materials submitted and select members whose achievements most closely fit the criteria for each award and who are deemed most deserving of recognition. Nominations are held in strict confidence.
The names of those selected are recommended to the Fraternity Council for approval. Nominators will be informed of the award decisions in early 2020, so there is time to prepare for award recognition at 2020 Founders Day celebrations!
Contact your local alumnae group president or Cabinet member to submit a sister’s name (or the alumnae group where they live). Nominations may be submitted through an alumnae group or by any member of Delta Gamma Cabinet through the official online application in Anchorbase, Delta Gamma’s online officer portal. Members of Council, Nominating Committee and the Director of Awards are not eligible for individual alumnae awards during their active terms.
The opportunity to honor alumnae would not be possible without the assistance of the greater membership. Please let us know when you encounter an alumna who has made a remarkable contribution to society or her profession, and nominate her for an Individual Alumnae Award!