Delta Gamma Foundation's fellowship application process is handled using Scholar Select software. The yearly deadline for applications is April 1.
When you begin, you will be prompted to create a ScholarSelect account. Then, you will be able to complete an application online. You may work on the application, save your responses and return to it at another time. Please note that once you begin the application process, you will have 30 days to complete it.
To ensure delivery of email messages from ScholarSelect and the Delta Gamma Foundation when the time comes, add email@example.com to your contacts, email address book or safe senders list.
As you prepare to apply, please keep in mind the following requirements which are a part of the application process.
A) A recommendation is required from each of the following persons (250 word recommendations will be submittable online using ScholarSelect):
1) Delta Gamma member, preferably an adviser or alumnae group officer, or a member who knows you and your academic goals well.
2) Professor or academic adviser, or someone who is familiar with your academic work
3) Employer – If you have not had an employer, you may substitute another person who knows your work ethic such as a teacher, coach, supervisor, group officer, adviser, etc.
B) Official transcripts (Applicant must provide an official transcript from each undergraduate and graduate college/university attended, excluding those schools attended for less than a full semester/quarter of credit.)
C) Letter of graduate/professional school acceptance
D) Proof of Delta Gamma per capita dues payment
Delta Gamma Foundation fellowships are grants awarded on a competitive basis to qualified initiated members pursuing graduate/professional degrees.
- Selection is based on scholastic excellence, contributions to chosen field, past and current Delta Gamma activities and leadership roles in collegiate chapter and alumnae group, campus and community involvement, and required recommendations.
- The yearly application deadline is April 1.
- If a fellowship is awarded, funds are sent directly to the university for credit to the recipient’s account beginning in the fall academic term. Funds are restricted to educational expenses only.
Note: Completing a Delta Gamma Foundation fellowship application makes applicant eligible for any available fellowships offered by Delta Gamma Foundation, including endowed fellowships made possible through the generous donations of Fraternity members and friends.
For questions, or for more information on Delta Gamma Foundation fellowships, please contact Stacey Kramer, Director of Scholarships and Fellowships, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
revisions by AAS, April 2014