It has been said that collegians make Delta Gamma sparkle, while alumnae ensure Delta Gamma will endure. Each year new collegiate members sign the Statement of Obligation, a legal contract that defines the responsibilities of each member. The first sentence includes the phrase "...I will accept the responsibilities of lifelong membership in the Fraternity."
Whether it is a promise made on paper or in one's heart, it is a promise for a lifetime. It is a commitment to pledge one's time and talents to the Fraternity and fulfill the obligation to pay annual dues for the first 50 years of membership.
Delta Gamma thrives and survives thanks to the time, talent and treasure of its members. If not for the commitment of alumnae to assume lifetime membership in Delta Gamma, the Fraternity would not be able to carry out the mission set forth by the Founders.
- Participate in an Alumnae Group: We hope all graduating seniors will join alumnae groups immediately upon graduation and make a positive contribution by assuming responsibility in the alumnae group.
- Support a Collegiate Chapter: Particularly satisfying alumnae privileges include the continued involvement with collegiate members, serving as advisers, helping during recruitment, becoming members of the house corporation or speaking for special occasions.
- Sponsor Young Women for Membership: Collegiate chapters depend on alumnae to provide them with Sponsor Forms that recommend the most outstanding candidates for membership in Delta Gamma. Sponsoring qualified new members ensures Delta Gamma's continued position at the top of the Greek world. Helping collegians identify and meet outstanding high school students who are entering college is an invaluable service that can be performed, in some cases, only by Delta Gamma alumnae. Click here for more information.
Pay Annual Dues
Each of us agreed at Initiation to pay annual dues to the Fraternity for our first 50 years of membership. Alumnae and collegians' dues and fees are the only support for our Fraternity, which is a separate entity from the Foundation.
Our annual dues support:
- Fraternity Executive Offices maintenance
- Web development and maintenance
- Postage and mailings
- Data maintenance for more than 177,000 members
- Computer equipment, copiers, printers, telephone systems, staff salaries
- Operating budgets
- Fifty percent of the Collegiate Development Consultant (CDC) program
- Training at conventions and seminars
- Handbooks and materials
- Extension and colonizations of new chapters
- Council, Cabinet, staff overhead support and travel
- Recruitment training, including reference materials, videos and consulting
Click here to pay your alumnae dues now.
Donate to the Loyalty Fund All contributions to the Loyalty Fund go directly to the Delta Gamma Foundation to support programming and provide alumnae with a vehicle for making tax deductible contributions. The Loyalty Fund helps maintain Delta Gamma's prestige in the Greek world by funding programs that meet the needs of collegians and alumnae in this ever-changing world.
The Loyalty Fund provides seminars for officers and members, the Collegiate Development Consultant program, resources and personnel, production of handbooks for leadership development and social skills, alcohol awareness information, learning materials for good fiscal management and career counseling.
In addition, the traditional interests of the Foundation in educational grants and loans, Service for Sight, and aid for other agencies serving these goals have also been furthered by the donations of alumnae to the Loyalty Fund. Click here to donate to the Loyalty Fund now.
As alumnae, our words and actions continue to make an impression on those around us. As long as those around us know we are Delta Gammas, we represent not just ourselves, but the Fraternity as a whole, regardless of age. Now is the time to commit yourself to being an active alumna and being part of a meaningful lifetime Delta Gamma experience!
revisions by SHK Thursday, September 27, 2012